10.0.0.1 IP address is used as a default IP address for logging into the router settings easily. This ip helps us to login to the router management system very easily. Every router will have a settings page where you can change all kinds of the default router settings as you like. There will be some specific IP address that are assigned to take care of the logging method. Some of the features that can be configured using the RMS ( router management system) is network trouble shooting problem, Wi-Fi password etc.
Also one of the best and most wanted thing that can be done using the router management panel is that we can use to set up the DNS and also we can set and customize the proxy settings using it. We can handle all the devices that are connected to the network.
Way to login 10.0.0.1
The below are the ways to login to the server using the http://10.0.0.1 IP address. Before proceeding to the below steps please make sure that your router’s default IP address is 10.0.0.1 and not any other ip address. The below combo-box will help you to check the credential details of all the router brands that are available in the market.
Once you have made sure that the IP address that is used to login to the router is 10.0.0.1 then please read the below steps to login to the router system.
- Open up your default browser in the system. In the address bar type the address http://10.0.0.1
- Don’t type the 10.0.0.1 in the Google search. Because it will show only results and will not open up the router settings page.
- Now when you open the router management panel or settings panel correctly then now it will ask you to login.
- If you are new to the settings page then use the default credentials to login in. To find out the default credentials of the router that you are using then use the combo box above. Else follow the post here.
- Now you have should have logged in perfect. Try changing the default password to something new so that your credentials are safe.
If you are unable to login to the router using the ip address 10.0.0.1 then there must be some problems that might have caused the error. Please check the below things first.
- Make sure you have spelled the IP address in a right way. 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.0.1 is not always same.
- Make sure you have connected to the corresponding router and not some other ones. Yes it happens.
- Make sure the internet connection is working.
If you face any kind of problems in logging to the router please notify it here so that we can help you to solve it.