This post aims at providing proper instructions for logging in to 192.168.1.254 IP address. There is a specialty about this IP address 192.168.1.254 is that this is mainly used in the home network. This IP address is mainly used to login to the router settings page of the 3com routers. To know the methods of using the 192.168.1.254 routers continue reading below.
192.168.1.254 & 192.168.l.254
This IP address is used in the wireless home networks and mostly used in the routers that are used to connect the internal routers. This IP address is used by the users to connect to the router admin panel. There might be a lot of reasons to connect to the admin panel of the routers and maybe changing the wifi password may be one of them. Here are the steps that are required to connect to the 192.168.l.254 router. Also, you could check out the other router IP address that is used by different router manufacturers. 192.168.1.1 , 192.168.1.2 and 10.0.0.0.1
Things to know about 192.168.l.254
There are many kinds of routers in the market. One such router is 3com. These 3com routers use this ip address called 192.168.1.254 There is software used for these routers which are pre-manufactured by the company to use in their routers. This software is used to verify the security settings of the router network. Since security settings are the most required thing for any kind of network. Also if you want to change the Wi-Fi password of the router you should need to login into the router using the IP address 192.168.1.254
Steps to login to 192.168.1.254 / 3com router settings
1) Default IP address for all the 3com routers is 192.168.1.254 but you need to make sure that the IP address is the same before proceeding because there may be exceptions where the router IP may be different from the default one.
2) If you need to know how to find your router’s IP address then you need to follow the post here.
3) After making sure about the IP address you are going to use please follow the below steps. Click here to go to the router admin panel http://192.168.1.254 then it will ask you for the user name and password. There type admin for username & admin for the password. These values are the default for any kind of new 3com routers.
Points to remember:
1) Make sure you are connected to the corresponding router for logging in into it.
2) If you are using the default password for the router we strongly suggest making a change to a hard new password so that it will be difficult for outsiders to access it with ease.
3) If you forgot the password to the router admin panel then there is no option other than resetting the router. Follow the below steps to reset the router password.
Resetting the router password:
Don’t panic. This is just an easy step and no data loss or something that is going to happen. All you need to do is to find the reset button at the back of the router. Don’t worry all the router will definitely have a reset button. Now press the router reset button for about 30 secs.
The only thing we should be aware of the router resetting work is that when we reset the router the password and username will be restored to normal / default and you have to reset the password again. Also, all the router settings will be deleted and you’ll have to set it up again.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.