192.168.0.1 is one of the most commonly used router ip address. The router brands such as Dlink and netgear routers use these router ip 192.168.0.1. The most used purpose of this ip address is that it is used as the private IPv4 network. But the problem or the conflict may arise when there are more than one address on the same network. So this ip address can be only used on one device. Follow the below steps to completely understand the ways to login the device with 192.168.0.1
Steps to login 192.168.0.1 IP routers
First of all before trying to login to the router using the IP address make sure that your router brand uses this IP address to login to the router settings. Here’s how to check the ip address of the router brand. Use the command ipconfig in cmd to find your IP address. Refer this post here for the detailed tutorial.
- Open your favorite browser and type the address there. Also make sure that you don’t type the ip address in the google search bar. Because many used to type the address in the search bar and get only results and not the router settings page.
- Now once you correctly got the login page you will be prompted to enter the credentials. If you are logging in for the first time then you must use the default credentials.
- If you don’t know the default credentials for the router brand that you are using then you can check the combo box below and get the credential data.
- Once you got logged in then you will now have the router settings page where you can change the Wi-Fi settings and other router related configurations here.
Important note: This IP address 192.168.0.1 can only be used in one device in a network. Because if used more than one device then the ip address conflict may arise.
Trouble shooting the router:
If you are unable to login to the settings of the router then you have to check the below things first.
- Check whether you router’s login ip is 192.168.o.1 because sometimes the router ip might be different.
- Also make sure that you have connected to the right router and not the different one. It may also cause the problems.
Changing the router password:
First you need to login to the router using the default username and password and then you need to change the settings inside to change the password. It is highly recommended to change the default credentials because it may prevent unauthorized access to the router.
Also if you have any queries regarding the router 192.168.0.1 then please write us in the comment box below. We ll help you to solve the problem.