192.168.10.1 is an IP address that is very important to note but not mostly used in any famous router devices as their default gateway address. It is prominently used in repeaters like WaveLink. WaveLink devices are repeaters that use pre-existing Wi-Fi signals to boost strength and make Wi-Fi signals reach longer distances.
The default gateway address of the WaveLink repeater is 192.168.10.1
Routers that use 192.168.10.1 as default gateway address:
There are some routers that use this IP address 192.168.10.1 as the default gateway address. The default gateway address means the IP address that it uses to identify itself in a private network. Every device will have a private IP address to itself if they are the device that is going to be connected to a particular network.
If the device will get connected to the public, then it should be assigned a public IP address or it will be connected to a device like a modem that already has the public IP address. So that it will get assigned a public IP address. Here let me explain the login procedure for the routers or repeaters with simple steps:
In order to login to the router’s settings page or the repeaters settings page, you will need a device that can install and open the browser application. Any browser with the latest version will do.
- Use the device and connect to the Wi-Fi of the router. If you don’t know the Wi-Fi password then you can just connect to the router using the wire.
- After connecting to the router, open the browser on the device.
- Since we already know that the default IP address is 192.168.10.1 type that IP address in the address bar of the browser.
- Hit enter. Make sure you are not entering the IP address in the Google search. Enter the IP directly in the browser.
- If the IP address is right then the router settings page will be opened.
- Now in order to access this settings page, you need to know the default username and password of the router.
- If you don’t know that then you can search that credentials in the back of the router.
- You can use that to gain access to the settings page.
After logging in to the settings page of the router, you can change the settings of the router. Mostly the settings page is used to set passwords for the Wi-Fi and the number of devices that can be connected with the router.