192.168.100.1 is one of the private IP addresses that are formed to be used by the networking devices that are connected in a network either private or public. This IP is most used in routers, modems, repeaters, extenders, etc. Let’s look at some of the 192.168.100.1 implementations in networking devices.
Huawei is one of the leading manufacturers of communication devices such as mobile phones, routers, and modems. Also, this brand has a lot of models that are used in networks worldwide. The IP address 192.168.100.1 is mostly used in the Huawei brand router Huawei HG8245H as a default gateway IP address. If you are a frequent user of the Huawei HG8245H modem then you must learn about the configuration completely to use the modem to its fullest.
To login to the Huawei router, you need a device with the latest version browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
Login Huawei HG8245H Username and Password:
- Open your favorite browser in the device either the device may be a PC or a tablet.
- Now type in the IP address 192.168.100.1 in the text bar / URL bar of the browser. This IP address is used because of the brand of the router, it is some other brand then the default router login IP would have been different.
- Once you hit enter the router’s settings page will be loaded.
- As a security measure, the settings page is protected by the username and the password. If you don’t know the password you can check here.
- If you are using the Huawei modem then the default credentials are username: “telecomadmin” and the password: “admintelecom”
- After entering the credentials you will be able to login into the router control panel.
Important Note: You need to perform the above steps only after connecting to the router either through the wired or wireless method. If you are not connected to the modem then there is no way to connect and login to the control panel.
Before you learn the complete aspects of the control panel, there is something you should do after you login to the router control panel. Yes, you need to change the default username and password to a non-guessable one. Since the default username and password are easy to guess and hack it is highly advised not to leave the default credentials as it is.
Steps to change the Huawei HG8245H router’s default username and password:
It is very important to change the default login of Huawei HG8245H. Here are the steps to do it.
- Use the browser to login to the control panel of the router using the IP 192.168.100.1
- In the control panel, there is a setting called change credentials. Hit on that link.
- You need to insert the old username and password in order to change it to the new ones.
- Keep the password simple to remember and it must be difficult to guess.
- Never ever write down your password. The hackers may see it and your router might be compromised.
- The same amount of effort you apply for making the strongest password must be applied for protecting it also.
- Nowadays you can use the password vault apps to store your password in case you might forget it.
Keep the router / modem / repeater updated:
The device you use, either it may be a router, modem, repeater, or anything must have the updated firmware. If your firmware is outdated then there might be a chance for bugs that may cause some serious security breach. Huawei HG8245H model will be getting a lot of updates and you need to update the router then and there to ensure the stability and security of the router. It is highly advisable to keep the router firmware up to date and turning the Auto-updates ON.